Thursday, January 26, 2006

-some thoughts-

Note: I wrote tis @ work. Shall blog more after CNY)

Used to spend most of my holidays working in the service line. Now that I’m not exactly in the service line, I often complain to my boy how much I wish to go back to the good old days of serving customers. Most importantly, to see the smile on their faces. =)

Tho retail hours are tiring and weekends are most likely burnt, the joy and satisfaction you get exceeds all the torture of standing long hours. Of cuz, there are those cruel customers who will make things difficult for you, but those are minority lar. I choose to believe that nicer people are greater in proportion than those nasty people. =)

Having to work in the banking line, I dun get to stand for like 8-10 hours? Instead, half of my life is spent sitting down, lol. I get to talk to customers and serviced their requests, but the lack of face-to-face touch is different. I see my colleagues quarreling with their bosses because of some communication on the phone & emails. Often, misunderstandings can happen across the phone. Thus, if I were to choose, I wld prefer a face-to-face conversation. J

Heh. Nevertheless, very happy today, at work. =) Was talking to this client of the bank, who’s been very friendly from the first day I spoke to her, even till today. She was telling me bout how happy she is that their company is shutting down for 1 week for CNY and ask if the bank has such practice too (of cuz not! Heh). We started a small lil conversation about her family life blah blah. Lucky her, has one son and daughter, both in Uni and graduating the same time! So nice rite! Then we concluded 'after that, can kiao kah! (shake leg)' *smiles* Afterwhich, she asked if I wanna come over during CNY! *faint* The conversation didn’t seemed awkward at all. I dun like clients who draw a line. If we can talk to them like 'friends', I believe it wld make a better business partnership, isnt it not?

I’m so happy to be able to meet such client who indeed brought joy to me, especially today. =) Thank you for that call. It brightened my day *smiles*

*-on a lighter note, i jus finished baking chocolate chip cookies! hehe. =p mummy says its nice, YAY :) its for my boy actually, first time doing it tho. Hope he likes it. If he doesnt, den too bad le :/ feelin super tired now, sleepin time-*

P.S. Happy 21st Birthday Dearest (in 2 hours time) =) May happiness be with you always.

No comments: